In this video released by the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM), Dr. Ross Macdonald, Managing Director and CEO of Cynata Therapeutics, speaks about the technical and strategic advantages of the company’s Cymerus™ technology platform, as well as the company’s growth potential.
Key highlight from the talk include:
- Cynata Therapeutics is an Australian stock exchange listed company (ASX: CYP)
- Commenced operations in November 2013
- Market cap of USD $23M
- 2 years of cash available for ongoing operations
- Recently raised AUD $5M in a placement in the U.S. that involved three institutional investors
- 72.7M shares on issue; 1,900 shareholders
- Company is focused on the development of a novel process for the manufacture of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs)
- Investigating how to utilize the company’s key technology (Cymerus™ platform) to address major unmet medical needs
- MSCs have a characteristic of honing to solid tumor sites, so genetic engineering of MSCs may allow them to be used as a type of “Trojan Horse” to selectively kill cancer cells
- Cymerus™ technology can provide lower cost manufacture of high-quality, consistent, reproducible MSCs, overcoming the traditionally high costs associated with stem cell therapies
- The Cymerus™ technology utilizes a single donation from a single donor to provide infinite expansion capacities for MSCs
- Cymerus™ technology eliminates the need for multiple donors and donor-to-donor variability
- The Cymerus™ technology is a “transformative technology” for commercializing MSC therapeutics
- Cynata is exploring potential corporate partnerships to drive further development and commercialization of the Cymerus™ technology
- The company has achieved several major milestones, including process validation of its manufacturing methodology
- The company is developing a schedule for its Phase I clinical study to be conducted in GvHD patients
- The company will be reporting preclinical data from its pre-clinical program, in particular, a proof-of-concept study in a GvHD model
To learn more about Cynata Therapeutics, view recent research coverage of the company released by Rodman & Renshaw.
Want to be better informed than your competition? Get future stem cell industry updates.
BioInformant is the only research firm that has served the stem cell sector since it emerged. BioInformant research has been cited by major news outlets that include the Wall Street Journal, Nature Biotechnology, CBS News, Medical Ethics, and the Center for BioNetworking. Serving Fortune 500 leaders that include GE Healthcare, Pfizer, and Goldman Sachs, BioInformant is your global leader in stem cell industry data.
Click here to view our global strategic reports for the stem cell and cord blood industry.