More and more athletes are turning to stem cell treatments, because the pressure to get back on the field is high and access to these experimental therapies is continuing to increase. Athletes commonly suffer serious injuries that could potentially end their careers and cause them serious long-term health complications. Most of them turn to surgery to resolve those injuries.
However, some of them are pursuing stem cell treatments, because these procedures are less invasive than surgery and have the potential to speed and augment repair. While the effectiveness of these surgeries is largely unknown, what is clear is that a growing number of athletes are turning to this approach.
Athletes and Their Stem Cell Treatments
This article outlines 40 pro athletes who have undergone stem cell treatments for their knees, hips, ankles, shoulders, and more.
In this article:
- Stem Cell Therapy for Knees
- ACL and MCL Stem Cell Therapy for Athletes
- Stem Cell Therapy for Cartilage, Tendon, & Muscles
- Elbow Stem Cell Treatments
- Leg and Foot Stem Cell Treatments
- Other Types of Stem Treatments for Athletes
- Stem Cell Treatments Beyond Injuries
- Stem Cell Therapy for Athletes