- First patient with steroid resistant acute graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) treated in Cynata’s phase 1 clinical study of its mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) product, CYP-001
- World first clinical trial using a MSC therapeutic product derived from an induced pluripotent stem cell sourced from a single blood donation from one donor
- Transition into active clinical trials cements Cynata’s world leading position in the development and commercialisation of second generation stem cell products
- Partnership with Fujifilm for the commercialisation of CYP-001; trial commencement accelerates this target
Late last year, Australian stem cell and regenerative medicine company, Cynata Therapeutics Limited (ASX: CYP), developed compelling data in an asthma model and is now ramping up that program.
In October 2016, Cynata announced it had received convincing data from a proof of concept study of its Cymerus™ iPSC-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) in an experimental model of asthma. Those initial results demonstrated that Cymerus™ MSCs can exert a powerful effect via improved airway hyper-responsiveness. [Read more…]
- Yaky Yanay appointed Co-Chief Executive Officer to serve together with Co-Chief Executive Officer Zami Aberman
- Erez Egozi appointed as Chief Financial Officer
It is not every day that an Aussie minnow lands a deal with a Japanese whale. When Fujifilm took a 9% equity stake in Cynata Therapeutics Ltd (ASX: CYP), it was a major lift for the regenerative medicine company, positioning Cynata to benefit not only from Fujifilm’s resources but also more broadly from current economic strategy within Japan.
Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzō Abe, has committed to building leadership around a new generation of regenerative medicine products involving human cells and tissues and Cynata is now perfectly positioned to take advantage of this in the world’s second largest market for healthcare products. [Read more…]
Cynata and FUJIFILM Sign Development and Commercialisation Partnership Agreement
- Fujifilm takes A$3.97 million strategic equity stake in Cynata
- Parties to collaborate on the further development and commercialisation of Cynata’s lead Cymerus™ therapeutic MSC product CYP-001 for graft-versus-host disease (GvHD)
- Potential future upfront and milestone payments in excess of A$60 million
- Double-digit royalties on CYP-001 product net sales
- Strategic relationship for potential future manufacture of CYP-001 and certain rights to other Cynata technology