*Photo courtesy Mayo Clinic. Source: https://flic.kr/p/BZSvVA
Today was an absolutely incredible day at the World Stem Cell Summit (#WSCS15) in Atlanta, GA. The event kicked off this morning with 1,200 attendees representing from more than 40 countries. Impressively, there are up to seven different speakers presenting at any given moment, meaning the the shear volume of content being shared is incredible! In addition to the concurrent speaker tracks, there were also Expert Luncheon Roundtables, Investor Presentations, and a “Stem Cell Actions Award Dinner” this evening.
Having attended nearly every stem cell conference on the circuit, I can say that this conference is the only event of to bring together stakeholders from across the entire stem cell spectrum, including private industry, public industry, regulatory agencies, investors, patients, advocates, clinicians, and more.
It is truly the ultimate stem cell event of the year and an event that everyone should attend at least once in their lifetime!
To capture the best moments from today, below are the top 10 quotes from Day 1 of the World Stem Cell Summit. To get live updates from the event, connect with me on Twitter at @StemCellMarket and follow the hashtag #WSCS15. Enjoy!
Top 10 Quotes from Day 1 of the World Stem Cell Summit
- “If we can move this field faster, all of humankind will benefit.” –Bernard Siegal, Regenerative Medicine Foundation [Click to Tweet]
- “We are cellular beings. There are 37.2 trillion cells in the human body.” Dr. Steven Sampson, Orthohealing Center [Click to Tweet]
- “Human germline modification question is an old debate with new twists. –Aaron Levine, School of Public Policy, Georgia Tech [Click to Tweet]
- “You cannot accelerate stem cell translation in the absence of treatments being ‘safe, effective and delivered reliably.’” -Dr. Robert Califf, U.S. FDA [Click to Tweet]
- “With China shifting from a one child to two child policy, there are great opportunities for stem cell and cord blood banking.” –Dr. Yijia Li, Director of Yunnan Providence Stem Cell Bank [Click to Tweet]
- “We have to take stem cells from ‘bench to business to bedside.'” –Dr. Arnold Caplan [Click to Tweet]
- “We aren’t made of drugs, we’re made of cells. Stem cells, or stem cells in combination with pharmaceuticals, will be the future of medicine.” –Cade Hildreth, President/CEO of BioInformant [Click to Tweet]
- “On average, 22 people die each day waiting for a transplant.” –Dr. Zubair, Mayo Clinic [Click to Tweet]
- “Mayo Clinic has embraced regenerative medicine as a strategic investment in the future of healthcare.” -Dr. Andre Terzic, Mayo Clinic [Click to Tweet]
- “Research in microgravity requires thinking outside the box – and out of this world entirely.” Dr. Abba Zubair, Mayo Clinic [Click to Tweet]
Want to get future stem cell industry updates? Join below and we’ll keep you in the loop.
Tell Us What You Think!