*Photo courtesy of Mayo Clinic. Source: https://flic.kr/p/BZSvVA
Friday was an another mind-blowing day at the World Stem Cell Summit (#WSCS15) in Atlanta, GA, affectionately called “Fantastic Friday” because of the packed schedule and high-energy content. The World Stem Cell Summit brings together more than 1,200 intelligent minds, putting brilliant speakers on stage and packing rooms with curious and eager listeners.
Yesterday, I released a post titled “Top 10 Quotes from Day 1 of the World Stem Cell Summit.” Again today, there the speakers were spinning gems of wisdom and it doesn’t seem appropriate to let them fade without adequate appreciation. On that note, here are my top 10 favorite quotes from today, Day 2 of the World Stem Cell Summit 2015.
To get live updates from the event, connect with me on Twitter at @StemCellMarket and follow the hashtag #WSCS15. Enjoy!
Top 10 Quotes from Day 2 of the World Stem Cell Summit
1. “We are trying to turn on the light. The only way we are going to do this is to work together.” –Bernard Siegal, Regenerative Medicine Foundation
2. “The greatest bioreactor is the human uterus.” -Kyle Cetrulo, Auxocell Laboratories
3. “Human mesenchymal stem cells are the ‘workhorse of regenerative medicine’.” -Jon Rowley, RoosterBio
4. “Manufacturing complexity for autologous cells is a challenge to be overcome. It is an industrial problem.” -Dr. Vanek, GE Healthcare
5. “Stem cells are the greatest thing since canned beer.” -Dr. Evan Synder of Sanford Burnham
6. “The immunology is key to using cell therapy as allogeneic products.” -Dr. Joshua Hare, University of Miami
7. “Medical decisions should be made by patients and their families, not by politicians.” -Mary Bass, Americans for Cures Foundation
8. “Amniotic membrane tissue is an immunologically privileged tissue.” -Thomas Koob, MiMedx
9. “MSCs are a critical raw material for tissue engineering.” -Jon Rowley, RoosterBio
10. “We are a biotech company that is ‘talking directly to the patients.’ People are not used to seeing biotech companies being direct and hands on within the community.” -James Lovgren, ORIG3N (Speaking about the company’s approach to iPSC banking. You can see an exclusive Q&A with him here.)
You can also see my summary post about Day 2, aptly titled “Top Moments from “Fantastic Friday” at the World Stem Cell Summit.”
Want to get future stem cell industry updates? Join below and we’ll keep you in the loop.