Social Analytics Reveal Key Findings about Stem Cell Article Popularity
The field of stem cell research has boomed over the past twelve months, bringing to light new ideas for treatments and applications. Here at BioInformant, we strive to do our best to provide you with the most up to date information related to the industry. As a supplement to our monthly round-ups, we thought it would be important to share the top ten most shared stem cell articles from the past year.
The top ten most shared stem cell articles are listed below. The share data is generated from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest shares. Facebook shares consistently dominate the majority of shares.
“Cure for Type 1 diabetes imminent after Harvard stem-cell breakthrough,” released by The Telegraph last October, sits atop this list, generating an impressive 229, 500 shares. “Stem cell treatment halts MS progression in 91% of patients” follows closely behind at 2nd, producing 193, 900 shares, and “Stem cell transplant improves physical and cognitive symptoms in 50% of MS patients” sits at 3rd, shared 77, 400 times over the past year.
Top 10 Most Shared Stem Cell Articles of the Past 12 Months
- Cure for Type 1 diabetes imminent after Harvard stem-cell breakthrough – Sarah Knapton of The Telegraph, Oct. 9, 2014
- 229.5K total shares
- Stem cell treatment halts MS progression in 91% of patients – Bec Crew, Jan. 9, 2015
- 193.9K total shares
- Stem Cell Transplant Improves Physical and Cognitive Symptoms In 50% Of MS Patients – Janet Fang, Jan. 25, 2015
- 77.4K total shares
- Faversham woman Roisin Kelleher first in UK to receive life-saving stem cell treatment for cystic fibrosis – Bess Browning, Feb. 3, 2015
- 69.8K total shares
- Stem Cell Treatment Successfully Restores Sight – Steven Luntz, Oct. 15, 2014
- 68.6K total shares
- Scientists Grow Hair Using Stem Cells – Justine Alford, Jan. 28, 2015
- 59 K total shares
- Trial Of Stem Cell Transplants Yields Positive Results For Patients With MS – Justine Alford, Jan. 3, 2015
- 56.8K total shares
- Scientists Coax Human Embryonic Stem Cells Into Making Insulin – Rob Stein, Oct. 9, 2014
- 55.5K total shares
- Turmeric Compound Boosts Regeneration of Brain Stem Cells, and More – Dr. Joseph Mercola, Oct. 19, 2014
- 55.3K total shares
- Stem-Cell Dental Implants Grow New Teeth in Your Mouth – Aug. 6, 2015
- 54.3K total shares
Graphic Representation of the Data
When the results for most shared stem cell articles over the past 12 months are displayed graphically, it become even more evident how important the release of the first two articles were to the stem cell community. Together, they contribute almost 50% of the social shares contributed by the top-performing articles.
Want to get more updates like this? Join below and we’ll keep you in the loop, starting next week!