CAR-T is a promising type of immunotherapy where doctors collect immune cells, modify them in a laboratory, and provide them the capacity to recognize and kill cancer cells. When infused into a patient, the cells get multiplied and stay in the body as “living drugs.”
Since the approval of the first CAR-T cell therapeutic in 2017, widespread research, proliferating clinical trials, aggressive M&A activity, and lucrative IPOs have created a robust CAR-T cell market.
This billion dollar market would not have been possible without the remarkable efficacy of Kymriah, Yescarta and Tecartus in treating several types of blood cancers. These historic approvals demonstrate that the CAR-T market has arrived and is taking the biotech industry by storm.
In 2012, there were only 12 clinical trials investigating CAR-T cell therapy products. Today, that number has risen to over over 500. Between 2017 and 2020, three CAR-T products reached the market, and this number is projected to reach double digits by 2024.
CAR-T Industry Expertise
Why does BioInformant track the global CAR-T market? The reasons are simple.
First, CAR-T cell therapy has proven itself to be a promising new treatment approach. As its manufacture, administration, and safety profile improve, we are witnessing the rise of CAR-T cell therapeutics.
Second, BioInformant is the first and only market research firm in the world to specialize in tracking advanced therapies, of which the CAR-T industry is a burgeoning sector. With an online readership of nearly one million viewers per year, BioInformant is a U.S. market research firm that is strategically positioned to be near the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the U.S. FDA, the Maryland Biotech Corridor, and policy makers on Capital Hill.
Founded in 2006, this specialized focus provides us with unparalleled data, knowledge and access. Unfortunately, other market analysis companies are “generalists” who publish superficial reports about a wide range of topics that they know little about, such as advanced therapies, as well as oil, beverages, and electronics.
In contrast, BioInformant’s unique expertise provides us with critical access to key opinion leaders (KOL’s) from across the CAR-T industry, many of whom are clients and partners. In addition to having over a decade of historical data on the CAR-T market, BioInformant’s team of experienced analysts conducts hundreds of interviews with industry leaders, allowing us to analyze trends and make robust future projections.
Today, the CAR-T cell therapy industry is witnessing:
- Unprecedented investment flowing into CAR-T research
- Accelerating approvals of CAR-T therapies by regulatory agencies
- An increasingly competitive IP environment
- Lucrative acquisitions and IPOs
- A diverse range of co-development partnerships
- An insatiable appetite among investors and big pharma for CAR-T technology
Released December 2020, BioInformant has released a 232-page global strategic report about the CAR-T industry that reveals:
- Market size determinations by segment with forecasts through 2027
- Approved CAR-T products by indication, region, and company
- Clinical trial activity by type, region, phase and sponsor
- CAR-T industry M&A transactions and IPOs
- Strategic partnerships and co-development agreements
- Industry trends and future directions
- Competitors composing the global marketplace, including core technologies and product pipelines
- And so much more
With the competitive nature of this global market, you don’t have the time to do the research. Claim this report to become immediately informed, without sacrificing hours of unnecessary research or missing critical opportunities.