“Stem Cell Research Products – Opportunities, Tools, & Technologies” is a global strategic report that evaluates opportunities across the entire stem cell product spectrum with an emphasis on opportunities for research product development.
This report explores market opportunities by stem cell type, including MSCs, hematopoietic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, embryonic stem cells, neural stem cells, and other stem cell types.
In this article:
- Stem Cell Categories
- Stem Cell Research and Its Commercial Interest
- Areas of Stem Cell Research
- Leading Companies Offering Stem Cell Research Products
Stem Cell Categories
Stem cells arise from primitive cells in all multi-cellular organisms that are characterized by self-renewal and the capacity to differentiate into mature cell types.
Several broad categories of stem cells exist, including:
- embryonic stem cells, derived from blastocysts
- perinatal stem cells, obtained immediately before and after birth
- adult stem cells, found in adult tissues
- induced pluripotent stem cells, produced by genetically reprogramming adult cells
- cancer stem cells, which give rise to clonal populations of cells that form tumors or disperse in the body
Stem Cell Research and Its Commercial Interest
Stem cell research has been in process for well over five decades, as stem cells size has the unique ability to divide and replicate repeatedly. In addition, their “unspecialized” nature allows them to differentiate into a wide variety of specialized cell types.
The possibilities arising from stem cells size have resulted in great commercial interest, with potential applications ranging from the use of stem cells in reversal and treatment of disease to targeted cell therapy, tissue regeneration, pharmacological testing on cell-specific tissues, toxicology assessment, and more.
Areas of Stem Cell Research
The following account for the majority of stem cell research:
- Basic Research – understanding stem cell mechanisms and behavior
- Regenerative Medicine – use of stem cells for the reversal of injury or disease
- Drug Target Validation and Drug Delivery – validation of the predicted target using living cells
- Toxicology Screening – use of stem cells to evaluate effects the of drug(s) on biological systems
Leading Companies Offering Stem Cell Research Products
To facilitate research resulting from interest in these potential far-ranging applications, a large and growing stem cells size research products market has emerged.
Large companies selling stem cell research products include the following:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- BD Biosciences, a Division of Becton Dickinson (BD)
- Merck KGaA
- Miltenyi Biotec
- STEMCELL Technologies
- Lonza Group
- Clontech (a Takara Bio Company)
- GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Key report findings include the following:
- Market size determinations, with 5-year projections for the stem cell research products market (2016-2020)
- Year-over-year analysis of stem cell grant rates, patent rates, clinical trial rates, and scientific publication rates
- Stem cell funding sources, trends, and amounts (domestic and international)
- Stem cell research applications, including priorities by segment
- Relative demand for stem cell products, by stem cell type
- Breakdown of stem cell product categories
- Competitive analysis of leading stem cell research product companies
- Online trends for stem cells, including Google Trends and Google Adwords
- Social analytics for stem cells, including activity on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and more
- Communications strategies for accessing the marketplace
- End-user survey of stem cell scientists
Claim this report to acquire an understanding of stem cell market trends, efficiently target emerging opportunities, and accurately identify the current and future needs of your client base. Use the “Survey of Stem Cell Scientists” to understand technical requirements, unmet needs, and purchasing preferences of stem cell researchers worldwide.
How do you see the business opportunities and market size for stem cells in the next 5 or 10 years? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Tell Us What You Think!