Location: US-CA-Santa Anaz
Souce: FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific
Irvine Scientific, a member of Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large- scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan.
The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 45 years, Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
We are hiring for a Product Manager for Cell Therapy. The Product Manager oversees all marketing aspects of the business and supports the Cell Therapy Marketing Manager with strategic and tactical assignments as needed. The person in this role will conduct a broad range of activities required to plan, promote, and execute sound sales and marketing campaigns to achieve forecasted sales in the product portfolio assigned. This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business and customer focus are essential.
- Support assigned product line(s) and the Senior Product Manager/Marketing Manager as required and assures that current and potential customers receive the highest quality products and the best service possible
- Provides technical support via email, telephone and customer visits
- Manage supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; update and present product line and revenue forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams
- Responsible for maintenance and growth of gross profit for the Product Lines
- Facilitates the day to day management of business initiatives in the appropriate markets
- Marketing of product line to assure that business objectives are met
- Formulating and recommending product pricing in accordance with pricing guidelines and strategy, including published price list, custom pricing, special customer pricing and distributor pricing
- Develop and manage a portfolio of on-market and new products
- Develop marketing plans that support company strategies and goals; communicate marketing plans to the organization and ensure that marketing plans are understood by the sales force, distributors, and internal departments
- Develop new creative marketing programs, strategies and tactics to ensure that all sales channels are maximizing opportunities to position product lines to achieve business objective
- Implement assigned tactics for assigned product areas (e.g., direct mail, advertising, trade shows, and related activities)
- Serve as the internal expert for the product lines and provide strategic guidance and direction for the positioning of Irvine Scientific’s products
- Maintain a current and complete understanding of the assigned markets and assess trends/dynamics of the segments to proactively position Irvine Scientific
- Recommend product modifications or improvements based on market research, sales personnel and market feedback, process improvement and customer input
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation
- Analyze sales and profit performance of assigned product areas, assesses effects of promotions and provides reports to management; based on such analyses, recommend enhancements to promotional efforts
- Maintain regular communication and contact with field sales personnel, advertising agencies, P.R. agencies, professional organizations and customers to keep abreast of marketing trends and evaluate effectiveness of marketing business activities
- Carry out new product development in assigned product areas (e.g., forecasting, field test evaluations, sales force and distributor training and related activities)
- Interface with consultants on new products
- Lead new product development teams
- Create, execute, track and measure launch campaigns and supporting launch activities (press releases, direct mail, advertisements) for new products
- Gather competitive intelligence as assigned; implement tactics to build competitive barriers
- Promote and cultivate relationships with industry leaders and key customers through support activities, membership in appropriate organizations, and advisory board panels
- Create materials for sales training and sales meetings
- Carry out assigned new product training; perform training in conjunction with R & D or TAS as appropriate for new staff, distributors, etc.
- Travel and represent Irvine Scientific at tradeshows, seminars and customer sites
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, life sciences, or Marketing; MBA preferred
- Technical background and/or marketing experience appropriate to the specific needs of the product line
- Prior Cell Therapy industry experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a position in a marketing and sales environment
- Supervisory experience preferred
- CRM experience a plus
- Prior experience attending and working tradeshows
- Must have proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, and Manufacturing
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.