New Biotechnology Company Accelerates the Delivery of Transformative Innovations in Treatments of Cancer, Inflammatory & Degenerative Diseases, and Functional Regeneration
WARREN, New Jersey, Aug. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Celularity, Inc., a newly formed biotechnology company, today announced its acceleration of cell and tissue regenerative therapies to address unmet medical needs in cancer and chronic and degenerative disease. Celularity completed their Series A financing with contributions from several biopharma companies, including Sorrento Therapeutics, United Therapeutics Corporation and Human Longevity, Inc., and entrepreneurial investors.
Celularity has been created through the contributions of extensive intellectual property, clinical-stage assets, basic and clinical research, and development expertise including:
- Several clinical-stage immuno-oncology and regenerative medicine assets and a pipeline of pre-clinical assets
- Proprietary allogeneic (“readily accessible”) immunotherapy platform
- 200+ issued and pending patents in cell therapy; robust IP for placental stem cells
- Broad fully human antibody-CAR constructs
- IND-ready joint CD38 immuno-oncology programs
- Commercial-stage functional regeneration products Biovance® and Interfyl®* and pipeline assets
- LifeBankUSA stem cell biorepository with two decades operating expertise
Founded on the pioneering work of Robert Hariri, MD, PhD, in human placenta-derived cellular therapeutics and biomaterials, Celularity’s ability to procure placental stem cells, engineer potential therapies, and deploy potential treatments, positions it to harness the potential of the human placenta and operate along the entire value chain.