MedRebels welcomes practicing physicians to a cumulative 16-hour educational symposium and cadaveric workshop on cellular-based and regenerative therapies and their clinical applications for orthopaedics and pain management. During this workshop, industry leaders will review current research and clinical studies, and they will address clinical pearls for implementing regenerative medicine into their practice.
Physicians will receive hands-on cadaveric training utilizing ultrasound-guidance and fluoroscopy. They will also learn a variety of techniques for treating different musculoskeletal conditions. Physicians also have an opportunity to learn about marketing strategies and how to incorporate the business of regenerative medicine.
Topics for the event include:
- Understanding mesenchymal stem cells, platelets, growth factors, and proteins
- Protein power: alpha-2 macroglobulin & interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein
- Inflammatory components in arthritis
- Do supplements help? Nitrous oxide and how they support cells
- Adipose-derived stem cells to treat musculoskeletal and auto-immune diseases
- Effects of nitric oxide on cells
- Pharmaceutical toxicity at the cellular level
- Autologous versus allograft cell-based therapies
- Platelet-rich plasma – leukocytes, platelets… what’s the best recipe?
- Effects of age on cell count in bone marrow aspirate and lipoaspirate
- Treating patients with infection and with previous cancer
- Treating pathologies with MSCs: non-union, avascular necrosis, osteonecrosis, and discogenic back pain
- Supercharging surgical repairs with MSCs and growth factors
- Total joint versus cell-based therapies
- The bioethics of orthobiologics
- The business of regenerative medicine: marketing, training staff, talking with patients
- 6 hours of hands-on cadaveric training: aspiration and application
This course is designed for physicians who are currently practicing and would like to learn more about cell-based and regenerative therapies, as well as receive hands-on bone marrow aspiration and clinical application training.
After attending this program, participants should be able to:
- Understand the basic biological mechanisms for mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), platelets, growth factors, and proteins, and their role in the healing cascade
- Interpret FDA Regulations regarding Human Cells and Tissue-based Products (HCT/Ps; 21 CFR 1271) and the Public Health Service (PHS) act
- Utilize techniques that maximizes the recovery of MSCs, platelets, growth factors, and proteins
- Apply new techniques for treating musculoskeletal conditions with regenerative medicine
To learn more, click on the brochure below or visit: CellTherapyTraining.com