FIND Genomics is changing the way DNA analysis is used in day-to-day workflows in the life sciences (incl. the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, as well as [pre-]clinical and academic laboratories). Our mission is to provide fast and periodic genetic monitoring of ‘living things’ in supply chains, such as stem cell lines (iPSCs and ESCs), cancer cell lines and organoids.
We are a New York City-based startup company backed by Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute and currently housed in the brand-new Cornell Tech campus on Roosevelt Island.
We are looking for an energetic person to help build the company who meets the following criteria:
- Experience in business development
- Minimal education level: Masters (previous startup experience is a plus).
- Deep knowledge/network in the life sciences – Minimum of 5 years experience in either:
- Business development for large life sciences vendors
- or investment funds in life sciences
Market and product:
Patient cell tissue samples (“cell lines”) form the cornerstone of medical research, from pharmaceutical drug discovery (“blockbuster drugs”) all the way to identification of the most effective drug for individual patients (“precision medicine”). Our initial market focuses on patient cell line tracking throughout the drug discovery supply chain, as the usage of incorrect cell lines remains a widespread problem that results in irreproducible data and false-positive leads. With a cell line error rate of approximately 20%, a collective $14 billion USD is wasted in pre-clinical research each year. As such, the opportunity to impact the economics and speed of drug discovery through rapid and reliable cell line verification is significant.
Our first product is called FIND Cell, which is the next generation cell management and genetic monitoring software. We are building it to provide a rapid and comprehensive genetic analysis, allowing laboratory researchers, cell line developers and CROs to confirm and monitor their cell lines’ genetic make-up, thus increasing the reliability and reproducibility of experimental results. Our customers include the New York Genome Center and NYU.
Our team is a dynamic, small multi-disciplinary technical team. We also have an amazing advisory team with people deeply immersed in the genomics field.
This is your opportunity:
… to make a meaningful change in integrating DNA-based verifications in (stem) cell monitoring
… to be a substantial shareholder of a startup company
… to work with an amazing team of people with deep knowledge of computational and molecular biology
- Develop and execute business strategy
- Help with fundraising
- Design, and execute on campaigns to build out brand recognition and customer familiarity with the product
- Help with building the company, which also means taking responsibility for a variety of tasks that come up.
If you are interested, please send:
1) Cover letter and 2) your CV (include 2-3 references) to: [email protected]
Email subject: ‘bioinformant opportunity posting’
We are looking forward to connecting with you.